This entry is part 1 of 9 in the User Submitted Image Galleries Series
- User Submitting Gallery Images – Part 1
- User Submitted Gallery Images – Part 2
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 3
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 4
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 5
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 6
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 7
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Part 8
- User Submitted Image Gallery – Final Overview
In part one of the User Submitted Image Galleries tutorial series, I’m going to walk you through the beginning steps of setting up our User Image Gallery plugin. This is a plugin that will allow us to have a user-submitting gallery of images our website. If a user registered an logged-in, they will be able to hav a portfolio of all images they have uploaded. Non logged-in users will be able to submit images as guests. The plugin’s functions will closely mirror the system I built for CG Cookie, Inc.
The gallery system is going to work with custom post types, so each image in the gallery will be an entry in the custom post type. We will also be setting up a set of custom taxonomies: one that will allow us to categorize the images, and one that will allow us to tag the images, much like the default Post Categories and Tags.
This first part of the series will cover setting up the post types and taxonomies, as well as a few of the plugin options and files. Once complete, the plugin will consist of seven to ten files and will cover a large array of functions.