Sugar Event Calendar is a sweet, simple WordPress event calendar plugin.
Most event calendar plugins are either way too simple, or extremely overly complex and bloated. Sugar Event Calendar is designed to be simple, light weight, and provide just the major features you need for event management.
- Simple Event Management
- Recurring Events for Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly
- Ajax Enabled Calendar View
- Large and Small Calendars
- Events Custom Post Type
- Event Categories
- Show Calendars for Specific Categories
- Simple Event Configuration
- Easily Set Event Dates
- Easily Set Event Start and End Time
- Short Codes and Widgets for Showing Calendars
- Events Archive, Listed by Date of Occurrence
- Several Event-Related Widgets
- Translated into:
Once you have created your events, you can display a calendar, as shown in the demo, using the following short code:
If you would like to show a calendar of only events from a particular category, then do this:
And if you would like to show events from more than one category, but not all, do this:
[sc_events_calendar category="category-name, second-category"]
You will also find several new Event widgets in your Appearance > Widgets page.
Along with the calendar views, Sugar Event Calendar also has an events archive that shows the events in the order they occur and in the same styling / layout as your current WordPress theme. The archive is located at http://yoursite.com/events.
Gravity Forms Integration
Want to use Gravity Forms for event registration or attendance forms? I’ve built a free add-on for exactly that. Checkout the Gravity Forms add-on.
Google Maps for Venues and Event Locations
There is a free add-on that will add an address field to your Event Details configuration, which will allow you to show a Google Map of the event location. Checkout the free Maps add-on.
A regular post type archive of events can be found at yoursite.com/events. This archive displays events in the order that they occur. You can easily customize the appearance of this archive by creating a file called "archive-sc_event.php" an then modifying it to suit your needs.
If you choose to customize your archive, you should also create a file called "taxonomy-sc_event_category.php" and copy the contents of archive-sc_event.php to it. This taxonomy-sc_event_category.php file will be used when displaying an archive for an event category.
By default, Sugar Event Calendar will render single event detail pages using the single.php file included with your theme. If you wish to customize the appearance of this page, create a file called "single-sc_event.php", copy the contents from single.php, and then customize to suit your needs.
The plugin includes several action hooks that you can use to add additional content (or execute functions) in various places:
- sc_before_calendar - Runs before any calendar HTML is outputted
- sc_after_calendar - Runs after the final calendar HTML is outputted
- sc_before_event_content - Runs before the content of a single event page is displayed
- sc_after_event_content - Runs after the content of a single event page is displayed
- sc_event_meta_box_before - Runs at the top of the "Event Details" meta box in the admin
- sc_event_meta_box_after - Runs at the bottom of the "Event Details" meta box in the admin
- sc_before_calendar_widget - Runs before the calendar widget HTML
- sc_after_calendar_widget - Runs after the calendar widget HTML
- sc_before_event_list_widget - Runs before the event list widget
- sc_after_event_list_widget - Runs after the event list widget
- sc_before_category_widget - Runs before the event categories widget
- sc_after_category_widget - Runs after the event categories widget
- sc_before_filter_widget - Runs before the event filter widget
- sc_after_filter_widget - Runs after the event filter widget
The plugin includes several filter hooks that you can use to manipulate the behavior of the plugin:
- sc_event_list_query - This filter can be used to change the query parameters of the query used to retrieve events for the "Event List" widget
- sc_calendar_query_args - This filter can be used to change the query parameters of the query used to retrieve events for the calendars
- sc_event_labels - This filter can be used to change the post type labels for the Events post type
- sc_event_rewrite - This filter can be used to change the "rewrite" parameter for the Events post type
- sc_event_supports - This filter can be used to change the "support" attributes for the Events post type
- sc_event_category_labels - This filter can used for changing the Event Category labels
- sc_event_category_rewrite - This filter can be used for changing the "rewrite" parameter of the Events Category taxonomy