Most event calendar plugins are either way too simple, or extremely overly complex and bloated. Sugar Event Calendar is designed to be simple, light weight, and provide just the major features you need for event management.
Note: an extended version of this plugin is available for $16.
- Simple Event Management
- Ajax Enabled Calendar View
- Events Custom Post Type
- Simple Event Configuration
- Easily Set Event Dates
- Easily Set Event Start and End Time
- A short code for showing the calendar of events
- Events Archive, Listed by Date of Occurrence
A full version of this plugin with additional features is available for purchase. It includes recurring events, large and small calendar views, event categories, widgets for displaying calendars and event filters, and more.
Sugar Event Calendar Lite has been translated into:
Follow this plugin on Github.
- Upload the ‘sugar-calendar-lite’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the new Events post type and create some events
- Display the calendar on any page with [sc_events_calendar]
- View the archive of events at yoursite.com/events