Based off of my tutorial on writing a “Love It” plugin with ajax, Love It Pro is a simple plugin that allows you to add a “Love It” link to your posts and pages. The Love It links give your users a way to show their appreciation, much in the same way that the Facebook Like button works, except that it is specific to your website. If you are looking for a plugin that helps with user interaction, and also provides a way for you to gauge what is popular on your website, this is a very simple but great solution.
- Show Love It links automatically
- Track your most popular posts, pages, and custom post types
- Setup in less than 5 minutes
- Enabled / disable for every registered post type
- Customize the text displayed for links and “already loved” messages
- Users can only love posts/pages once
- Works for logged-in and logged-out users
- Most Loved widget included
- No coding necessary
- Custom CSS option for advanced users
- Embed help documentation in plugin settings
- Easy to use template tags for developers
Look just below the social counters in the top right of this content for a live demo.
Go to the support forum.
Fixed a bug with recording user loves.
Improved the text domain loader.
Fixed an issue with the Most Loved widget.
Fixed a bug with the auto updater.
Added “lip_links” filter to the love it links.
Added new Italian language files.
Updated the script files to allow the love it link to be displaye on archive pages (when using the template tag)
v1.1.1 – 03/27/2012
Added option for non-logged in users to love items. Loves by non-logged in users are now stored in cookies.
Added automatic update system.
v1.1 – 03/23/2012
Added options to restrict the “Love It” link to only certain post types.
As a premium subscriber, the plugin is free to download and use as much as you wish.
Already a premium subscriber? Login below to download this plugin for free