This is an add-on plugin for the Easy Content Types plugin for WordPress.
Easy Content Types is an extremely powerful plugin that allows you to create unlimited post types, taxonomies, and meta boxes in your WordPress website.
Bonus Meta Field Types add-on provides 5 additional meta field types that you can use when creating meta boxes with Easy Content Types.
The additional meta fields are:
- Taxonomy Select – provides a drop down of all registered taxonomies
- Menu Select – provides a drop down of all registered navigation menus
- Color Picker – provides a color picker you can use to easily choose any color
- Google Map – render a google map of a specified address
- Separater – display a separator line between your meta fields to clean everything up and make it easier to read
Along with the additional meta field types, this add-on plugin also provides three new short codes that can be used in conjunction with the new meta fields:
- [ecpt_taxonomy] – Display a list of terms from the chosen taxonomy
- [ecpt_menu] – Display all links from the chosen navigation menu
- [ecpt_map] – Display a map of the specified address
Not Sure What to Do With These Field Types?
Here are some ideas for what you can use these field types for:
Taxonomy: Use this field to choose a taxonomy on a post-per-post basis then display a list of terms from that taxonomy in the post. Use it to display list of “category” links on any page you want.
Menu: Use this field to display the links from any of the custom navigation menus you have created. This will let you easily display custom nav menus in any post or page.
Color Picker: Use this to let your author choose colors for their post. For example, your author could choose the color he/she wants the border color of all images to be.
Map: This one is pretty obvious